Author Topic: Welcome Donnys62coupe to the forum  (Read 270 times)

Offline South_paw

Welcome Donnys62coupe to the forum
« on: November 30, 2018, 09:35:12 PM »
Welcome Donnys62coupe

Your account is now activated  8)  Pull up a chair and tell us about your Cadillac, share a picture or two.

Enjoy,
Lou
Lou
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
CLC Member since 2001 (Unlisted in Directory)

*** Check out the 1956 Eldorado Biarritz Survivor Roster. Click here ***

Offline Donnys62coupe

Re: Welcome Donnys62coupe to the forum
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2018, 09:13:31 PM »
Thank you for the add to the group I have so many questions about my project 1962 coupe DeVille

Offline Donnys62coupe

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2018, 10:35:42 AM »
So I am trying to figure out how to post pictures but I'm not as computer literate as I thought I was lol but here is the run down I bought my car 4 years ago with hopes of fixing a water leak and continuing with the air suspension and driving it the original owner that's right I am the second owner told me he thought it was the water pump come to find out it was a freeze plug on the passenger side after removing the freeze plug I realized that the motor had been getting filled with block sealant to prevent the leak so that's when I made the decision to pull everything out and have it completely rebuilt well as usual life gets in the way the car has been sitting in my heated garage for the last 4 years with very small amounts of work done here and there I was able to buy a 1959 390 that had been rebuilt but never reassembled from a guy but come to find out the oiling system on a 59 is completely different than on a 62 about a month ago I was able to get in contact with a machinist who said he would be willing to undertake the project he went through and completely changed the oiling system to allow for a stand-alone oil filter then he went through and opened up all of the oil passages and cleaned them out changed the oil pump to a high volume pump ported and match the heads to the intake ported the exhaust and matched the intake to the new carburetor this week I plan on installing the pertronix conversion kit and getting a cap and rotor and set of plugs and plug wires for the motor.
The transmission has been completely rebuilt by a friend of mine about a year-and-a-half ago and has been sitting wrapped in a protective blanket for a while now getting excited about getting everything reinstalled on the car and getting it down the road
I have a full ride Tech air ride suspension system installed in the car right now bags in the rear and shock waves in the front and without the motor and transmission in the car it gets really low I love the look of it

Offline South_paw

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2018, 07:57:16 PM »
@Donnys62coupe here are the instructions for posting pictures.

http://midcenturycadillacs.com/index.php?topic=1112.0

Lou
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
CLC Member since 2001 (Unlisted in Directory)

*** Check out the 1956 Eldorado Biarritz Survivor Roster. Click here ***

Offline Donnys62coupe

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2018, 10:22:44 PM »
Does anyone have a step-by-step installation guide for putting the entire front end on my Coupe DeVille back on