Author Topic: Welcome Steve Strickland to the forum  (Read 78 times)

Offline South_paw

Welcome Steve Strickland to the forum
« on: December 28, 2018, 05:14:56 PM »
Welcome Steve Strickland

Your account is now activated  8)  Pull up a chair and tell us about your Cadillac, share a picture or two.

Enjoy,
Lou
Lou
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
CLC Member since 2001 (Unlisted in Directory)

*** Check out the 1956 Eldorado Biarritz Survivor Roster. Click here ***

Offline Steve Strickland

Re: Welcome Steve Strickland to the forum
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2018, 06:44:22 PM »
Thank you Lou!

I have a 1951 60 Special that I've been working on for two years. My grandfather was the 2nd owner (1990) and I am the 3rd (Dec. 2016). I have the original bill of sale from Florida and most of the repair bills from the first owner from the 80's (window actuator, switches, right front fender repair).

I decided to freshen it up when I got it and that quickly turned into more work than I intended to do. It was a complete car when I got it; very little rust or rot, some pitting on the chrome, delam on the glass, paint was badly faded. I ended up stripping the interior, pulling the motor and trans, and stripped the chrome and stainless off the car. I freshened the motor with new seals and gaskets from the heads up. I rebuilt the carb and had to remove the internal flapper on the exhaust riser. I cleaned up and repainted the engine and transmission. I replaced the wiring harness for the entire car with a repro from YNZ. The motor and trans are back in it. I had it repainted Bolero Maroon but I did the top in Savoy Gray, both with a slight metallic.

I am in the process of assembly now, polishing chrome and stainless every chance I get. I will have to post pictures later as I'm at work right now. I hope to have all the chrome bits and glass back in it by mid February and then I'll have the interior and trunk reupholstered. The shop has told me it'd take about 2 months for that. After that I will drive it pretty frequently and enter it in some local car shows so people get to see it. I know it's not concourse, but it's beautiful to me.

Steve Strickland