Author Topic: New carpet alignment and fitment issues  (Read 155 times)

Offline Timo

New carpet alignment and fitment issues
« on: January 02, 2019, 05:51:37 AM »
Hi everybody,

I have bought a new carpet for my 61 from RockAuto for my 61 Fleetwood.
RockAuto sells carpets from ACC. I did have alignment issues around the b-pillar and the front heater channel at the transmission tunnel.
I am now thinking of geeting a new carpet from SMS auto fabrics.

Does anyone have any experience with their kits (or are they simply ordered from ACC and a bonus added) ?

Thanks so much!
"All the things I love to do in live are either illegal or fattening"

RediRad™ - Rediscover your radio
https://www.redirad.de

Offline russ austin

Re: New carpet alignment and fitment issues
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2019, 07:28:49 AM »
You will never be 100% satisfied with a carpet kit.  Just take the car to an upholstery shop. They will cut and fit the carpet to look like a second skin.
63 series 62 4 window sedan, 63 Superior Hearse
62 Fleetwood

Tucson, AZ  USA

Offline FINCADI

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2019, 05:58:22 PM »
Timo,
I ordered a carpet set for my 61 coupe from SMS and it turned out to be an ACC carpet set. At the time I ordered the carpet set I also ordered a roll of extra matching carpet so that the carpet on the kick panels, lower door panels and  and lower back of seat could be redone to match.   I had the upholstery shop install the carpet and do the kick panels a year or two ago. I am now ready to have them  re-upholster the seats and door panels in correct fabric so they will have the extra carpet that will be used on portions of those areas.  If you just needed the carpet done you saved a lot going through Rock Auto as SMS marked up the ACC carpet set quite a bit.       

Offline Timo

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2019, 10:11:37 AM »
Thanks so much - I sort of had a feeling ...
I love this forum.
"All the things I love to do in live are either illegal or fattening"

RediRad™ - Rediscover your radio
https://www.redirad.de