Author Topic: 1956 Eldo Biarritz: to restore or not?  (Read 511 times)

Offline Roger Zimmermann

Re: 1956 Eldo Biarritz: to restore or not?
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2019, 06:40:05 AM »
The used rear floor was welded in early September 1993. As it came from a 4 door model, the sides had to be cut and specific parts made from scratch.

The "B" pillars are made with thick steel; they could be sandblasted and primed. They are drying here with some other parts. It's good to have some space for such a job!

Offline Roger Zimmermann

« Reply #21 on: Yesterday at 06:00:59 AM »
As there is no heater in the old barn, the activities during wintertime are very limited. The "B" pillars were back and welded at the end of March 1994. The rear of the body is ready, with the exception of the rear fenders.

It's time to go towards the front. The damages are less important, repairs are nevertheless needed. Rotten sheetmetal was cut away, new parts formed and adjusted. The front floor's support is coming from the same Sedan de Ville; the one from the Biarritz was too rusted.

Next to the sheet metal work, I was also searching for parts as many were either missing or beyond repair. I could buy many parts of good quality by Gene Schacter in Canada. Unfortunately, he left this activity; I am missing him as a good and not expensive supplier.

There is reinforcement at the front "A" pillar between the outer and inner rocker panel. As the original one was no more good, I did another one. I choose to add some length as this place is critical for shaking. Maybe it was not necessary, I did no calculation...

During summertime, I could finish the front floor, replacing rusted areas at the RH and LH front pillar.

Offline Lexi

« Reply #22 on: Yesterday at 10:05:11 AM »
Such dedication and craftsmanship. Well done Roger. Clay/Lexi

Offline Roger Zimmermann

« Reply #23 on: Yesterday at 10:14:11 AM »
Thanks Clay!

Offline Lexi

« Reply #24 on: Yesterday at 10:21:15 AM »
You are the man Roger, and another one of the "Cadillac Gods"! You are correct in that LOTS of space is required to tackle a job like that. Clay/Lexi