Author Topic: 1956 Fuel Pump  (Read 318 times)

Offline Lexi

1956 Fuel Pump
« on: January 22, 2019, 11:47:02 AM »
I plan to install a new fuel pump on my 365 engine rebuild project. Should the pump be installed dry, or is it recommended to 'pack' the actuating lever with some grease first? If so, what grease would you use? Lithium? Wheel bearing? ...or just plain engine oil? Thanks. Clay/Lexi

Offline JAG56Cad

Re: 1956 Fuel Pump
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2019, 11:58:19 AM »
I plan to install a new fuel pump on my 365 engine rebuild project. Should the pump be installed dry, or is it recommended to 'pack' the actuating lever with some grease first? If so, what grease would you use? Lithium? Wheel bearing? ...or just plain engine oil? Thanks. Clay/Lexi

Clay,

No need to heavily pack it with grease I brushed some Permatex engine assembly lube (when I had to redo the piston rings) around the moving parts, the push rod and the lever. When I re-filled the engine with oil it was good to go.

HTH
Jose Gomez
CLC Member #23082

Offline Lexi

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2019, 12:07:38 PM »
Jose much thanks! Also, in case some were wondering, yes I painted the fuel pump Cadillac engine blue and will do the bolt heads as well. Clay/Lexi

Offline JAG56Cad

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2019, 02:57:48 PM »
yes I painted the fuel pump Cadillac engine blue and will do the bolt heads as well. Clay/Lexi

WHAT not Chevy orange color :o man you are a Cadillac fanatic…!   ;)  ;D
Jose Gomez
CLC Member #23082

Offline Lexi

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2019, 04:09:35 PM »
LOL! Jose, as you are indeed one of the "Cadillac Gods", coming from you that is a compliment :)  And yes I am a Cadillac "fin-atic" and have been since I was about 6 or 7. Many of the engine bolts right now are soaking in my varsol tank getting years of gunk cleaned off them. Then next a fine wire wheel to strip the rest off. More "fin-aticism". Clay/Lexi

Offline JAG56Cad

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2019, 04:18:37 PM »
LOL! Jose, as you are indeed one of the "Cadillac Gods", coming from you that is a compliment :)  And yes I am a Cadillac "fin-atic" and have been since I was about 6 or 7. Many of the engine bolts right now are soaking in my varsol tank getting years of gunk cleaned off them. Then next a fine wire wheel to strip the rest off. More "fin-aticism". Clay/Lexi

8)   :)
Jose Gomez
CLC Member #23082