Author Topic: Bad News/ Good News  (Read 394 times)

Offline 62 Coupe

Bad News/ Good News
« on: January 22, 2019, 12:31:10 PM »
Well, it's time to fess up to something that I have known for a while. It's a bad news/good news story. It was discovered that I have liver cancer in late November 2018. The size and location of the tumor was established in December and a treatment plan was set for early January. On Jan 7th they did a procedure to stop blood flow to the tumorous area and put in a slow release chemo drug. That kind of knocked me on my butt for a while but I have been feeling great this past week. So, that's the bad news. The good news is that they can do the procedure as many times as required. The idea being to prevent the spread of the cancer while I wait for a donor liver. There are a great team of Doctors working on my behalf and I expect nothing other than a successful outcome.

This shouldn't affect my 62 fuel door kit and 59 - 64 trailing arm business except at transplant time and recovery. I think as I have just been entered in to the transplant program, that will be a while yet.
A diamond is merely a lump of coal that did well under pressure. - Unknown -

Offline Cattle Axe

Re: Bad News/ Good News
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2019, 02:37:40 PM »
Sorry to here that. Good luck with your treatment.
1961 Series 62 Convertible
1962 Coupe Deville

"I got my self a cadillac but I can't afford the gasoline" (AC/DC down payment blues)

Offline Tonecat

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2019, 07:12:07 PM »
     Sending positive vibes and thoughts for your complete recovery. I have many friends who have been down this road. The most recent a double lung transplant at 65 years old
    and a close friend  with a liver transplant ,his was a tough one as he is a big man and livers require the donor to be the same size as the recipient. Another musician friend double lung transplant 4 years , And finally Sherry Patterson
    the longest living double lung and heart transplant recipient 27 years to date. This is the stuff of miracles. I am confident you too will be OK we live in a time when medicine can do wonders. I am a organ donor and I hope anyone reading this will sign up as it can save lives !

Offline CrimsonCad

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2019, 04:11:09 AM »
Great to hear they're on top of it and hope that you're around for many more years yet! Stay strong!
Cheers,
Greg

Offline 6262

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2019, 01:46:40 PM »
Best of luck, Dan. You will fight through it.

Offline 62 Coupe

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2019, 09:33:54 PM »
Thanks guys, I appreciate your concern and take your best wishes to heart. I'll beat this thing but your encouragement is a great gift. Cheers!

Offline Roger Zimmermann

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2019, 03:58:54 AM »
Sorry to read that. I hope you will get a liver soon.

Offline 57shark82

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2019, 10:05:23 AM »

I hope you find a donor soon! 
Tim

CLC Member #30850

1937 LaSalle Opera Coupe "Adeline"
1955 Cadillac Coupe Deville "Evelyn"
1957 Cadillac Series 62 "The Shark"

Offline Perk2

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2019, 01:44:21 PM »
Dan! You are the man, and always will be!
My niece had a liver transplant at 12 years old and going strong at 28 now...its an amazing organ, and highly successful in transplants these days.
I pray that your new one is available soon.
Stay positive, we are all behind you!
Perk
"Get busy living, or get busy dying!"

Offline 62 Coupe

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2019, 02:20:15 PM »
Thanks again guys. I have been through the pulmonary and heart tests and am sure I did really well so am quite sure I am a viable candidate for a transplant. Things are looking up but I expect nothing will happen transplant wise until summer. The good news is they can continue to blast away at any cancer that may remain as many times as necessary. I'm sleeping much better now!