Author Topic: Bad News/ Good News  (Read 244 times)

Offline Cattle Axe

Re: Bad News/ Good News
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2019, 03:08:17 PM »
Dan If I may ask What where the symptoms? or did they find it with a routine test?
1961 Series 62 Convertible
1962 Coupe Deville

"I got my self a cadillac but I can't afford the gasoline" (AC/DC down payment blues)

Offline 62 Coupe

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2019, 08:01:03 PM »
The damage was done by hepatitis C which it appears I got when I was quite young from a blood transfusion. I had it so long that as it got worse I just adapted to the situation. That and the fact that I don't push my liver too much meant I didn't notice anything. I went last spring to see about possible carpel tunnel syndrome and they discovered that my blood pressure had gone way up. During tests for that they discovered the hepatitis and when treating that discovered the cancer.

When reading about hepatitis C, I learned that one of the symptoms was being itchy. A few years ago I went through a period where my feet and lower legs were really itchy when trying to go to sleep. I tried a whole bunch of different socks and expect that now, it wasn't different socks that solved the itching, it was probably that I had passed through that stage of the disease.

I would recommend that if anyone is even the least concerned about it, you should be tested for hep C. I wish I did years ago but had no reason to, at least in my own mind.

I don't mind answering any questions regarding my situation if it can help others.
A diamond is merely a lump of coal that did well under pressure. - Unknown -

Offline screamer

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2019, 10:23:08 AM »
Sorry to hear that Dan. Hang tough mate. I hope you get a donor soon.

Offline 62droptop

• 61-62 Cadillacs Owners Group
  • 62 series 62 droptop southern ontario canada
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2019, 11:20:15 PM »
Dan, it was great talking to you again the other day and it sounds like the doctors have their poop in a group and you are in amazing hands and the problem was found in time

pulling for you down here in Ontario and if anyone will kick its as it will be you!

wishing you a quick,painfree and speedy transplant and  recovery

modern medicine is pretty awesome stuff, my father in law had a heart attack mid October and they repaired a valve through a artery in his arm

knowing the way you research all your projects,and your amazing attention to detail,  i wouldn't be surprised if you find a way to repair yourself!
1962 Cadillac series 62 ragtop

driven like it is stolen
broken because it was driven(still)

Offline 62 Coupe

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2019, 12:53:10 PM »
Thanks Wayne, good talking to you as well. It's always refreshing to talk to someone who has more stuff on the go that me!

I go in on Friday and Saturday for post chemo tests. I should have a better idea where things are at next week after the Docs review the test results.

Thanks for you best wishes guys. It's greatly appreciated.
A diamond is merely a lump of coal that did well under pressure. - Unknown -