Author Topic: Abandoned Cadillacs  (Read 1144 times)

Offline Lexi

Abandoned Cadillacs
« on: March 20, 2019, 10:14:48 AM »
There is something about the look of abandoned vintage cars. I have always been drawn to them, especially Cadillacs. Thought I would start this post by giving us the opportunity to drool over these rusty relics and even add your own photos if you wish. Included in this first grouping is a 1956 Series 75 Imperial Limousine that I spent 2 hours in the snow and cold extracting the division window and mechanism from. Lexi's was cracked so this donor car saved the day. Falling snow didn't help, but a fun day was had by all. Other images show a '54, '55 and a '59 with a slightly crushed roof. Enjoy! Clay/Lexi

Offline South_paw

Re: Abandoned Cadillacs
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2019, 04:57:15 PM »
Ever the optimist. I'm always looking at the trim tags whenever I see cars like this. Never know, there could be a junker sitting there that is body #1 or a special order car thats a factory custom.
Lou
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
CLC Member since 2001 (Unlisted in Directory)

*** Check out the 1956 Eldorado Biarritz Survivor Roster. Click here ***

Offline Lexi

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2019, 08:51:31 PM »
Yes, good point. Unfortunately I did not check the tags. Those in the yard where I took these shots are all gone now. So sad. Clay/Lexi

Offline PHIL WHYTE CLC 14192

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2019, 02:30:06 AM »
I need to dig out my old photos (real ones, not digital!). I used to visit a friend who lived near Lithonia Ga. And on the road out of town (the road is called Klondike) there was parked a 52 Cadillac. We stopped to take some photos with my wife taking the lead. Anyway all was fine then she started doing a strange dance and shouting, she'd upset some fire ants. We managed to get them off her but she had quite a few bites. Strangely she didn't think it was as funny as I did🤣🤣🤣

Offline Lexi

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2019, 07:52:29 AM »
Yes, dig 'em out if you can find them. While not Cadillac related, I helped some friends dismantle their haunted attraction when they closed down the business in 2010. Packed my car with ghoulish props to transport to their storage destination. On the highway I suddenly felt itchy. Everywhere in the car were ants crawling all over the place. One of the props had an ant's nest inside it and the critters were now crawling all over the inside of my vehicle including the headliner, seats the windows and even the steering wheel. It was a brutal drive back. Clay/Lexi

Offline Lexi

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2019, 10:40:34 PM »
I call this one "A gathering of Fins". Enough said. Clay/Lexi

Offline Lexi

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2019, 10:39:37 AM »
A sad looking '56 peers out of it's sunken grave. Clay/Lexi

Offline South_paw

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2019, 04:53:46 PM »
Here is a few from right here in the photo gallery,

Lou
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
CLC Member since 2001 (Unlisted in Directory)

*** Check out the 1956 Eldorado Biarritz Survivor Roster. Click here ***

Offline Lexi

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2019, 09:44:27 AM »
I can't get enough shots of abandoned cars especially Cads. While I would prefer to see them on the road, there is a creep factor in seeing them returning to nature that I find appealing. Those who read my posts know that I like horror films, and for several years I assisted my buddy & his business in building professional Haunted Attractions for the amusement industry. I also built my own. We also used to tour pro Haunts all over North America to keep in touch with what was happening in that industry.

One of the best I have ever seen was Haunted Hoochie, an extreme Haunt located in Columbus, Ohio. I mention this as they have a huge set piece that replicates an old auto graveyard. Stacks of real vintage cars form the walk through, with some having dimly lit lights in some of their old headlights which make the vehicles appear to be watching you. Can't recall if there are any old Cadillacs but there is a stack of cars that creak and groan, then one of the stacks falls towards you...of course just stopping in time so no one gets hurt. Would love to see the welding job and animatronics that control this prop. They must have bought out an old auto wrecking yard as lots of cars from the 40s and 50s. All car guys would love to see this, (see pic).

Keeping this Cadillac related, have a look at this sorry looking '56 Caddy rotting away. It has been there so long that enough soil has blown up on the roof to support plant life! When I see them like this I always ask myself, "How could I fit that into my Haunt"? Clay/Lexi

Offline Lexi

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2019, 09:13:44 PM »
Another sad looking '56 wreck. Clay/Lexi