Author Topic: Still on the right side of the dirt  (Read 169 times)

Offline 62 Coupe

Still on the right side of the dirt
« on: March 31, 2019, 09:59:33 PM »
A quick update on my health challenge. A whole lot has gone on in terms of poking prodding and assessing over the last few months. It's been an extremely busy time. The upshot is that the doctors are continuing to hold my cancer at bay and I am close to getting on the list for a transplant. They have been great and I am quite confident in their plan to keep me going.

With that new found confidence, I bought something I have wanted for a long time, a better lathe. I found this lightly used 12" x 37" lathe in my neighborhood for a good price. With the help of a friend, I moved it from it's old location to my garage yesterday. I still need to wire it in but should have that done soon and am looking forward to tackling some new projects and may add another item to the fuel door kit and trailing arm business.

It seems that my medical "dance card" has a few more openings in it over the next several months so I will try and contribute to the forum a little more than I have been. I've also had my Caddy out several times over the last few days and can only say, how sweet it is to be driving it again.

A diamond is merely a lump of coal that did well under pressure. - Unknown -

Offline Tonecat

Re: Still on the right side of the dirt
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2019, 10:02:17 PM »
Welcome back Dan I am sending positive vibes for your recovery

Offline 62 Coupe

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2019, 10:05:03 PM »
Thanks Pat. That means a lot to me.
A diamond is merely a lump of coal that did well under pressure. - Unknown -

Offline 62droptop

• 61-62 Cadillacs Owners Group
  • 62 series 62 droptop southern ontario canada
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2019, 08:15:37 PM »
nice lathe, wish I had room for one

glad to see you are staying ahead of the disease!
more thoughts and prayers sent your way!
1962 Cadillac series 62 ragtop

driven like it is stolen
broken because it was driven(still)