Author Topic: New Member from Scotland  (Read 344 times)

Offline 62 park avenue

New Member from Scotland
« on: July 05, 2019, 09:48:34 AM »
Hi, just became, a week ago, an owner of a 1962 Park Avenue.

I've already came across a few issues and working my way through them with help from guys on the Cad LaSalle forum. I thought as this forum for for 61-62 owners it may be beneficial to be a member here too.

The car was a one owner, till guy I bought it from imported to Sweden last December. He did a bit of work to it then sold to me. It has 38.5k miles and original owner got every extra bar cruise. Interior is very good with a few things to sort out electrically, exterior no rust, been painted at some point with little bits of overspray in a few places. Mechanically think rubber bushes in quite a few places need done, age ! but overall a good car which will be better when it get to be used in around 5 weeks.( waiting for registration plates )

I have a lot to learn about these cars so please be patient when I ask lots of questions.

Some pics below

Thanks Steven

Offline 62droptop

• 61-62 Cadillacs Owners Group
  • 62 series 62 droptop southern ontario canada
Re: New Member from Scotland
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2019, 10:43:18 AM »
welcome
this IS the best place for all things related to your car

congrats on the beautiful "import"  car
1962 Cadillac series 62 ragtop

driven like it is stolen
broken because it was driven(still)

Offline FINCADI

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2019, 02:33:33 PM »
Steven,
Welcome to the group! You will find this site an amazing resource for just about anything related to this era of Cadillacs.  Thanks for sharing the photos of your car, she is gorgeous!!
-Doug

Offline 62 park avenue

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2019, 04:41:18 AM »
Thank you both for the replies. I had not been logging in, thinking I could see whole forum without doing so ! so missed a few things.

A couple of new pics now she is on the road, I have some small niggles to iron out but major one is the brakes.

Looks like the booster is shot, but returning it to be rebuilt is expensive, can't get it done here. Going to replace it with an off the shelf kit that is sold for disc conversion, but sold for drums all round. Will save me a lot of cash and I'll get a new master too.

I'll have a spare bendix system which I can sort out at my leisure.

Offline Cadillacfreak

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2019, 04:02:58 AM »
Nice car! You can get a lot of good parts from Rockauto.com and sometimes I get them overhere in just a few days in The Netherlands.