Author Topic: Cadillacs in Switzerland  (Read 2504 times)

Offline Roger Zimmermann

Cadillacs in Switzerland
« on: March 02, 2013, 08:04:42 AM »
Hi all!
At first, I did not want to participate in another forum. However, as sympathy for South_paw, and due to the fact that the covered period is my favorite, I'm here! I saw also other known names; I must be in a good company!
Some of you know me more or less well from the Cadillac LaSalle forum. My main hobby now is scale models, (but not Cadillac as I have three); it takes less space and resources than 1:1 cars!

Her are the cars I restored and still have:
a '56 Sedan de Ville, bought in 1982 in Switzerland; the car was imported from GM Suisse
a '56 Biarritz, bought on pictures when it was in transit in England and since called "Nice Rust"
and a '57 Brougham, bought also in Switzerland; the car came probably in 1958 in this country
All needed restoration; I did mostly the work myself except outside paint and upholstery.

Offline South_paw

Re: Cadillacs in Switzerland
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2013, 08:16:57 AM »
Welcome Roger!

Fantastic cars. I particularly like your Sedan Deville in Chantilly Maroon. You don't see too many in that color, very nice :)

Lou
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
CLC Member since 2001 (Unlisted in Directory)

*** Check out the 1956 Eldorado Biarritz Survivor Roster. Click here ***

Offline South_paw

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2013, 08:24:36 AM »
My main hobby now is scale models

That's an understatement :) Folks, Roger builds masterpiece scale models for fun  8) 8) 8)

An example of one of his current builds, a Mark II

You can follow his project at the AACA forum,
http://forums.aaca.org/f190/construction-continental-mark-ii-model-scale-278354.html
Lou
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
CLC Member since 2001 (Unlisted in Directory)

*** Check out the 1956 Eldorado Biarritz Survivor Roster. Click here ***

Offline Roger Zimmermann

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2013, 08:45:49 AM »
Welcome Roger!

Fantastic cars. I particularly like your Sedan Deville in Chantilly Maroon. You don't see too many in that color, very nice :)

Thank you Lou! Indeed, the de Ville was black, very common at that time for such cars in Europe. As I don't especially like black, I choose a color I like; I could have all my cars in red!
The Brougham was white, but when I bought it, it was green metallic. As the trim is black/white, it was either white or black. At the end, I choose black and don't regret it. I would have painted it Cobalt blue, but the trim prevented this choice.
The Biarritz was Bahama Blue; as this is a very nice color, I did it again in blue.
My recent car is a DTS...red!

Offline okccadman

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2013, 09:41:58 AM »
Welcome Roger!!
Jim Jordan
Oklahoma City, OK