Author Topic: Dumb Oversight-Quick Fix= Happy  (Read 55 times)

Offline South_paw

Dumb Oversight-Quick Fix= Happy
« on: July 14, 2019, 10:20:06 AM »
Boy oh boy. I thought I was dealing with a transmission problem with my car ever since I did the engine rebuild. Nothing major, it would slip out of 4th gear if I let off of the gas pedal. I check the fluid level, double checked the TV rod. All good BUT when I got another look at the dip stick I noticed I wasn't reading the dip stick right. I was low on fluid. 1.25 quarts was added and the transmission is working perfectly. What a dumb oversight on my part. Can't believe I was reading it wrong.

Went out for a good long ride this morning. Transmission worked like it should.  I went to a local cars and coffee meet, figured I would one of the first there by getting there at 6:15am. To my dis- belief there was already 50 plus cars there. Don't these people sleep??   lol
Lou
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
CLC Member since 2001 (Unlisted in Directory)

*** Check out the 1956 Eldorado Biarritz Survivor Roster. Click here ***

Offline Caddy Daddy 55

Re: Dumb Oversight-Quick Fix= Happy
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2019, 11:32:56 AM »
How is the proper way to read it? Maybe Iím doing it wrong as well. Not having having any trouble just curious mine is a 55 if there is a difference.

Keep Cruzin,

Bob Kielar
Bob K
Keep Cruzin
1955 Fleetwood aka Annie

Offline South_paw

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2019, 11:57:13 AM »
Bob, it was nothing more than me reading the low line as the full line. The full line on my dip stick was faintly stamped.
Lou
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
CLC Member since 2001 (Unlisted in Directory)

*** Check out the 1956 Eldorado Biarritz Survivor Roster. Click here ***

Offline PHIL WHYTE CLC 14192

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2019, 12:45:30 AM »
Maybe it's old age Lou, but I don't remember what you did with your transmission when you restored your car? I've read that there were a lot of problems with that transmission when the 56s were launched as that was the first year of the new (dual coupling?) Hydramatic. Phil