Author Topic: Interior Replacement  (Read 1854 times)

Offline Clewisiii

Re: Interior Replacement
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2019, 11:48:01 AM »
That could have been done just to allow the material to stretch when they were placing the cover originally. It should not need vent holes as the material is open at the bottom.
"My interest is in the future because I am going to spend the rest of my life there."
Charles Kettering

Offline FINCADI

« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2019, 10:18:58 PM »
That could have been done just to allow the material to stretch when they were placing the cover originally. It should not need vent holes as the material is open at the bottom.

Makes some sense I guess, but seems like there would have been a better method than just  randomly slicing new fabric.

Offline Clewisiii

« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2019, 03:46:44 PM »
Not if your the guy on the assembly line trying to put the cover on that was sewn somewhere else.

The wrappers in my plant only have few tools.

Razor knife
Heat gun
Pliers
"My interest is in the future because I am going to spend the rest of my life there."
Charles Kettering

Offline Dan Rushin

• 61-62 Cadillacs Owners Group
  • 1962 Coupe Deville - Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2019, 11:39:42 AM »
I've been watching this post progress with much interest as I am in the middle of re-doing the interior of my '62 Coupe. I hit a road block when it came time to sew the new vinyl pieces together for the side panels - the part that covers the armrest/ashtray area. My little old White Rotary sewing machine just can punch the needle through the vinyl well enough to do a proper french seam with a backing piece. But a friend of mine procured a Pfaff 145 upholstery sewing machine for me this week.  ;D I am driving up north this weekend to get it. With this machine's walking foot I should be able to finish the side panels. I'll post some pictures when it's done.

Offline FINCADI

« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2019, 06:31:06 PM »
Door panels are now done and installed. Here are some photos of the finished panels.

Offline Clewisiii

« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2019, 08:17:47 PM »
Beautiful
Charles Kettering

Offline 6Caddy2

« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2019, 08:16:57 PM »
WOW Doug!!! Looking awesome!!! She's a beauty!!

I'm gonna have to move over to the modified class!!

Offline StevenTuck

• 61-62 Cadillacs Owners Group
  • 1962 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz | Tampa, Florida
« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2019, 08:06:56 AM »
Looks great! FYI: the rear seat side panels should have carpet to match the front doors.
Steven M. Tuck CLC#16507
1962 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz
http://bit.ly/1NfPNHE
Car Show Signs and Car Photo Books
http://carshowsigns.net/

Offline FINCADI

« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2019, 09:09:50 AM »
Looks great! FYI: the rear seat side panels should have carpet to match the front doors.

Thanks. The carpeting on the rear panels is the same as on the front door panels. Poor lighting and a cell phone camera didn't result in good photos.  When I ordered the carpeting set I ordered extra yardage to have available for kick panels, front door panels, rear seat side panels and for the lower back of the front seat where carpeting is.   

Offline FINCADI

« Reply #39 on: September 03, 2019, 09:44:13 PM »
Stopped in at the upholsterers this afternoon. Not much more done since my last visit but he is getting close to finishing the front seat bottom cover.  I am getting a little nervous as we are already two months in and he is scheduled for back surgery the end of this month which will put him out of commission for a while,  He said he hopes to have it done by the end of this month but I don't see that happening.