Author Topic: Exhaust Gasket?  (Read 230 times)

Offline Lexi

Re: Exhaust Gasket?
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2019, 04:21:06 PM »
David let us know if you if you do a run of them. i would be interested in a set. Thanks. Clay/Lexi

Offline PHIL WHYTE CLC 14192

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2019, 12:45:35 AM »
I just bought some stainless steel studding with the correct thread and cut it to length. If I remember correctly the other side has nuts and bolts which I also replaced with stainless steel.  I'm talking about the manifold to exhaust pipe joints here, not cylinder head to manifold. Phil

Offline Lexi

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2019, 10:32:51 AM »
The ones Chipscaddys made were for manifold to cylinder head. For '56 the head of these bolts had a flange. Like a built in washer. Chip also made very nice reproduction oil filler dipstick tubes. Probably better than the originals as they were advertised as being slightly thicker. Got one in my rebuilt engine and is perfect. Clay/Lexi

Offline Cattle Axe

« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2019, 05:41:22 PM »
They sell those studs at the parts stores with brass nuts comes as a kit I think. I also used high temp anticease
1961 Series 62 Convertible
1962 Coupe Deville

"I got my self a cadillac but I can't afford the gasoline" (AC/DC down payment blues)

Offline David King

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2019, 09:08:23 AM »
David let us know if you if you do a run of them. i would be interested in a set. Thanks. Clay/Lexi

Will do.

I offered those as well on my site and sold the set I had reserved for my '55 as Chip had ordered another run.  I figured I was not in a hurry and those would be done in time.  After months of issues, Chip let me know that he was giving up on them.  This is a casualty of the trade war going on now.

David
David King  CLC 22014 life member
Founder & Director of the Eldorado Brougham chapter
'55 Eldorado #266
'58 Eldorado Brougham #615
'59 Eldorado Brougham #56
'60 Eldorado Brougham #83